To be able to add “Update Server” to SCVMM 2012, you need to have the following versions of WSUS server:
System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager:
- A 64-bit Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 with Service Pack 2
System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1:
- A 64-bit edition of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- A 64-bit edition of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 4.0
- Either WSUS root or downstream is supported. No replica support.
- Can either be dedicated to VMM or can be shared WSUS server being already used.
- Can use WSUS integrated with SCCM 2007 R2 or SCCM 2012 but you need to follow specific steps to integrate it with SCVMM.
- If WSUS is installed on a dedicated server, i.e.., not on the VMM server, VMM server needs to have WSUS admin console installed. If it is part of a VMM cluster, then the console needs to be added to both nodes.
- WSUS 3.0 SP2 requires KB2734608 to enable Windows 2012 updates.